Best time to visit: from April to October, especially in October to enjoy the well-known Oktoberfest.
Best things to do in München:
- Spend 1 to 2 hours strolling around the Old Town, walking along the Kaufingerstraße, starting from the S-bahn Station Karlsplatz to Marienplatz, where the new City Hall (Rathaus) is located. You will find many pretty coffee shops and famous clothing brands along the way.
- English Garden: great place to relax under the huge trees either by walking or riding a bycicle. There are some beer restaurants also.
- Nymphenburg Palace: a grand palace with rich architectural sights and is not far from city centre
- BMW Museum and BMW Headquarters: perfect place for those who love cars. Every models of BMW is featured in the museum.
- And several other places worth visiting such as Olympiapark, Allianz Arena, ViktualienMarkt,…
Best things to do in Schwangau:
- Strolling along the Alpseestraße: there are several restaurants here where you can find affordable meals for yourself. I had my lunch at the Allgäuer Stüberl and the food was good enough.
- Exploring Alpsee: a Must-do activity. Renting a boat and you will get lost between the beauty of the lake.
- And no need to introduce: the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. You can reach the castle by walking along the Neuschwansteinstraße. It would take at least 30 min but the walking road is beautiful. From the castle you can see as far as to the border between Austria and Germany.
#Autumn #October #2015