Best things to do:
- Salzburger Altstadt (Salzburg Oldtown): it takes approx. 15 minutes walking from Salzburg train station to the Old Town. The site includes the right-hand side of Salzach River (specifically surrounding the Linzer Gasse and Steingasse) and the area below the Fortress Hohensalzburg. The Old Town has been is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site since 1996.
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens (free entrance): bursting with colorful flower beds. The garden offers a direct view to the Hohensalzburg Fortress.
- And for those who love classical music: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a true son of Salzburg, where he was born and grew up. The Mozart Residence on Makrtplatz and the Mozart Birthplace on the Getreidegasse, both of which are now museums, invite you to take a journey back to his living time, the 18th century.
- Salzburg Fortress: it is worth taking a hike up to the fortress and you will definitely like the paranomic view of Salzburg and the Alps.
- Salzsach River: perfectly fit for a leisurely stroll either along its bank or on the bridges. The two popular bridges are the Mozartsteg, which is preserved exclusively for pedestrians and cyclists and the Markartsteg with full of love padlocks.